- Wilderness battlefield preservation victory
- The Lowry controversy
- Budget woes affect sesqui efforts
- Monitor restoration
- Georgia Dept of Agriculture removes controversial murals
- Daniel Weinberg of the Abraham Lincoln Bookshop
- Harold Holzer discusses historical honesty
- Ron Soodalter points out some surprising lyrics in state songs that are unchanged to this day
- Jackson, Johnston and Conflicting Interests – Dennis Frye: differing opinions on holding Harper’s Ferry in 1861
- Looking for a Few Good Men: recruiting poster photo essay
- An Omen a Philippi – Gerald Swick: early fight in Western Virginia, with an interesting sidebar on James Hanger, an amputee whose prosthetic manufacturing company lives on today
- The Common Soldier’s Recipe for Disaster: photo essay on the culinary delights of the Civil War
- Diary of a Morgan Raider – John M. Porter: in fact, a memoir. Extract form One of Morgan’s Men, Kent Masterson Brown, ed.
- My Thoughts Be Bloody: The Bitter Rivalry Between Edwin and John Wilkes Booth That Led to an American Tragedy – Nora Titone
- God’s Almost Chosen People: A Religious History of the American Civil War - George Rable
- Faith, Valor, and Devotion: The Civil War Letters of William Porcher DuBose - W. Eric Emerson & Karen Stokes, eds.
- A Young Virginia Boatman Navigates the Civil War: The Journals of George Randolph Wood - Will Molineux, ed.
- Santa Fe Trail (Film)
- Harry’s Just Wild About
- John Bell Hood and the Fight for Civil War Memory - Brian Craig Miller
- The Civil War: The First Year Told by Those Who Lived It - Brooks Simpson, Stephen Sears, Aaron Sheehan-Dean, eds.
- Caught Between Three Fires: Cass County, MO, Chaos, & Order No. 11, 1860-1865 - Tom Rafiner
- The Battle of Resaca: Atlanta Campaign, 1864 - Philip Secrist